Are you new to the Minnesota Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI-MN®)?
Do you go to chapter meetings and find a group of strangers?
One way to get to know people in your profession is to become involved. PMI-MN is led by volunteers, run by volunteers, and utilizes volunteers for most tasks needed to make it the organization that it is.
Volunteer opportunities range in commitment from as little as a one-time two-hour stint at our booth at the Strictly Business Solutions Expo, to the hours committed by our board. Many opportunities request two to four hours per month or short term commitments.
There are always opportunities for leadership, program development, community service, and any other thing that a 3000+ member organization needs to remain strong.
PMI-MN recognizes its volunteers and their supporting cast annually at an Awards Recognition Dinner each year. In addition, Volunteer Services Group presents Volunteer of the Month and Quarterly Team awards to most outstanding PMI MN volunteers and teams. The nominations for these awards come from PMI MN members and volunteers. Member volunteers also receive credit — corresponding to the hours they have reported for the previous year. These "credit hours" can be redeemed for PMI-MN educational events and meetings.
Why Volunteer? Our top 10 reasons are listed below:
- Incredible friendships are made with other professionals.
- Personal and professional growth gained by sharing talents.
- Personal reward of giving back to an organization that has given me so much.
- Variety of leadership opportunities are readily available.
- Working with tremendous talent from so many different organizations (corporations, non-profits, government, engineering, software, etc.) that is only available to most people through an organization like this.
- Knowledge about the other organizations (see # 5) that I would never get otherwise.
- Learning about new tools and techniques that other volunteers bring to the table.
- Great social events (monthly breakfast and dinner meetings, conferences, seminars, certification training, etc.).
- Knowledge that what I am doing will impact thousands of professional people and hundreds of organizations in Minnesota for years to come.
- Humbling experience of being in the presence of 100's of professional volunteers who give their time, talent, energy, and commitment to PMI-MN.
For volunteer opportunities that currently exist, visit our Volunteer Opportunities section.
To nominate an outstanding volunteer, submit a Volunteer of the Month nomination.
For additional information, please send an e-mail with the time that you can offer and areas or specific positions of interest to the Volunteer Chair.